Paleo Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Grain Free. Gluten Free. Dairy Free. Sugar Free. And Delicious!
- 1 medium organic apple
- 3 organic pasture-raised eggs
- 4 TBS organic coconut oil
- 1TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger root
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin cups with coconut oil.
2. Using a saucepan, cook apple and ginger in 2 TBS of coconut oil until soft. Add cinnamon, stir well and remove from heat.
3. Mix all dry ingredient in a separate bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, lemon juice, vanilla and 2 TBS of coconut oil.
5. Combine dry ingredients and egg mixture until well mixed. Stir in apples.
6. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full and bake for 13-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out try.
7. Allow 10 minutes to cool and carefully remove from muffin cups. Enjoy!